webisodes

Since the uber-success of the music video for "Blue Dreidel No. 9" (did i mention that the lead singer of Seven Mary Three actually recognized me from the YouTube video?), I've been really thinking about putting up some little BKTV. You know, little 3-5 minute shows of my adventures.

Here are some ideas for episodes of BKTV:

Episode 1: "Brigid's 90-Proof Kitchen". This idea arose back in 2001, when i was was an Associate Producer at CBS News Productions in New York City. We had a Bake-Off (tm) to lift office morale and have an excuse to eat delicious treats. I ended up winning the entire competition (yes, i bake!), but i think it was partially because my desserts always had a theme -- made with bourbon. I can't remember all my recipes, but round one was Drunken Derby-esque Pie. I also had Bourbon Chocolate Chip Cookies. The final thing was some bourbon cheesecake i think. I remember that Stephen Baldwin mistakenly dropped by our floor, when he was looking for "60 Minutes," and he ended up eating some of the Bake-Off Baked Goods. Wow, i seriously have digressed here... Anyway, the point of this is that "Brigid's 90-Proof Kitchen" will be a cooking-type show, where i cook with bourbon, and maybe enjoy some. Or maybe i visit different restaurants and cook with other people.

Episode 2: "Brigid Goes to the Hair Salon." As mentioned before, no one's ever touched my hair except for me, and one hair place in new york called the "Long Hair Salon." They took off maybe 1/2-an-inch. I've never had my hair colored or highlighted -- and i'm still way too freaked to do that -- but i'm considering the possibilities of having some hair professional who knows her way around curly hair take off a few inches here or there. Maybe make me look like a superstar. Do you think Joseph's would allow the video camera in there? What if i turn into one of those girls on America's Next Top Model who freaks out when they cut her hair? I seriously might cry just out of shock. Could make great web-a-vision...

Episode 3: "Brigid Goes on a Blind Date". I've never been on a blind date before. Actually, i don't think i've ever really been on a real date. Well, maybe one. It was really weird. I don't have time to hang out with my friends; why do i want to hang out with someone i don't even know? Besides that, the last time someone hit on me actively -- this was Headliner's back in October -- i was very blunt. I think you can learn a lot about a person by finding out the answers to important questions. I'm not saying that I'm shallow, but it's nice to know the type of person you're dating. Peter was standing next to me when this guy was hitting on me, and Peter about hit the floor laughing when i asked the guy, "Do you have a job? Do you have health insurance? Do you have a bank account? Are you a musician? Do you own or do you rent?" I'm not saying my preferences or anything, but the guy who thinks it's perfectly okay to be over 30 and not have health insurance .. well, yeah, don't call me.
Anyway, this episode could be like that show "blind date," where my roommate Rachel writes clever little "pop-up captions" that say things like, "Wow, i bet he thinks 401K is a Nascar move."

Episode 4: "Who wants to be Brigid's Other Roommate?" In this episode, Rachel and Jess and i actually answer all those wacky craigslist emails we get and we interview the people who want to live in our Sorority House in the Highlands. (We've got an open room .... tempted?)

Episode 5: "Brigid Goes to the Grocery Store and Runs into Everyone She's Ever Known" If you live in Louisville, you won't find this shocking.

Episode 6: "Brigid Tries Yoga for the First Time" Any yoga teachers out there want to offer a personal class to me and my roommates? I've never done yoga before, and I'm curious, but not curious enough to go seek a class full of bendy people. Come to my house and let me tape you trying to make me breathe and be bendy. Wait, that sounds weird... you know what I mean.


Hmmmmm... any one got any episode ideas?

0 comments