Seasonally affected.

Current mood: embarrassed
Category: Life
Wow, when I don't blog for a while, I have too many things to say.

I will sum up the past couple of weeks. The theme has been: escape. I hate winter. It's cold, it's dark, and people are generally less cheerful. I've had SO much business stuff to do -- rehearsing, recording, releasing the Saw CD, planning future tours, going through piles of receipts -- and I haven't felt like socializing. So between battling my email, QuickBooks and DreamWeaver, I've been doing a escape-oriented things to maintain my sanity.

First, I've been playing a lot of piano. Bach, mostly. I love playing jazz, and pop, and rock, and writing my own songs, but sometimes the freedom of arrangements and songwriting just hurts my brain. That is why I love playing Bach. It's like practicing your scales, but much prettier. It's why I always liked math homework: there's a correct answer, and you know when you're wrong. I don't have any math books sitting around, but I've got loads of classical music. Crank that metronome and repeat. My mind just drifts away and stops worrying about the to-do list. It's awesome.

Secondly, I went to the movies a lot. I don't normally go to the movies, but I was again looking for a reason to relax and not think. And the best movie I found for not using a single brain cell? Twilight. It was wonderfully awful.

Which brings me to:

Thirdly, I read all four Twilight books. Four books in five days. Two thousand three hundred and seventy nine pages.

I can't believe I'm admitting this on my blog. I am obviously completely seasonally affected.

They weren't even good. The only vampire book I'd ever read before was Bram Stoker's Dracula. I skipped over the Anne Rice phase completely in high school. But for some reason, I just had to know what was happening with Bella and Edward.

Ugh, I can't wait until spring.

I feel better admitting that though. Anyone else out there fall for it too? Are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?

What's wrong with me?

I feel like I should finish The Brothers Karamazov now to make up for my shameful reading list.

Read more: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=19356498&blogId=454979333#ixzz0tasF1Iai

0 comments