Performance Enhancement.

Current mood:,
Category: Sports
Today I'm writing about baseball. Sort of.

Was anyone else annoyed when Obama was asked about A-Rod's performancing-enhancing drug use? I understand that he shouldn't have taken drugs because drugs are bad, blah blah blah. But really, do we care about that when the economy is falling apart?

Yes, yes, I get it ... it's a lie ... it should be about great natural athletes ... hmpf.

I wonder how Obama feels about musical artists who use performance enhancing buttons on the recording equipment? As if Britney Spears or Taylor Swift or Rascal Flatts would ever have gotten record deals without AutoTune.

STEROIDS : BASEBALL : : AUTO-TUNE : MUSIC INDUSTRY

I'm going to admit publicly -- and regretfully, I assure you -- that there is one note on my first record where the producer insisted on AutoTuning it, although I could have just as easily done another vocal take and sung it correctly. We got into a big fight over that one. I still can't listen to that song.

I hope Obama is not too disappointed in me. West 28th Street is au natural, I swear.

Oh well. It's show biz versus baseball ... or is it much different?

0 comments