Skinny Jeans: Take Two

Hello, faithful readers. I hope you enjoyed your time with guest-blogger Aaron. He's a good fellow.

I've been ridiculous swamped with activities here at SXSW, and I talked Aaron into a late-night blog last night. (Thank you.) Much has happened, and I could tell you some exciting things. But first: my own commentary on Skinny Jeans.

The interesting thing about the skinny jeans is that they aren't just skinny ... they are actually girls' jeans. These indie-rock hipsters are size fours (or three in Juniors), and they can't possibly be comfortable in the Texas sun.

And they definitely don't look good. I mean, I know it's not about looking good, but it seems they are going out of their way to try to look good. They definitely have the money. Then again, perhaps they spent all their money on those fancy guitars and pedals. I can't really fault them for that. I have definitely spent more money on musical equipment during my life than I have on clothes.


I know a few guys back in Louisville who went through a
girl-jeans phase. They were both a perfect size 8. (Barf!) They really were convinced they looked good. That's the thing though: musicians can pretty much get away with anything.

But, yes, Aaron, you bring up an excellent point about the skinny jeans.

Okay, I promise to get back to better blogging habits when I get home. I'll edit and have a point.

I'm going to apologize in advance for possibly missing Sunday. It's a long thousand-mile trek back to Louisville.

0 comments