First Vegemite of the year.

My friend Danny is in town. He and I went to NYU together and were neighbors in Brooklyn Heights following graduation. You may remember him from the Europe Tour blogs of 2008, when he met me and Peter in London and joined us for part of the tour.

In the video-game version of the tour, Danny's superpower was magic, and his weapon was the Book of Spells. I think he might truly be magical. After a late-night Trivial Pursuit bout, in which Danny and Friend-With-a-Truck tried their best to beat me (fools!), we brought out the two lone tubes of Vegemite which my faithful blog-readers know I keep in the kitchen for emergencies. Danny swore he would have Vegemite for breakfast.

He did.

I had some too, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered. I'm pretty sure that's because we buttered the hell out of that toast before THINLY spreading the Vegemite. And to be fair, I only had one bite, while Danny at two whole pieces of toast.

I also like that the Vegemite tube explains Vegemite's benefits as promoting "energy release and vitality, growth, development, healthy skin, and proper functioning of the nervous system, muscles, and brain." Looking over at Danny now, he is swaying to Barbara Streisand and looks vital, healthy, and like he's growing and developing. Nice work, Vegemite.

0 comments