Touring with my Passport.

I've been in the traditional winter funk lately. That week of 11 degrees just about sent me over the edge, and that's a dangerous place for the self-employed. If only I had an evil boss looming over my shoulder highlighting my To Do List with a laser pointer (that's what they do, right?), then maybe I'd get more accomplished.

I woke up Sunday morning (cue Kris Kristofferson...) with a jolt, however, and have been completely on track ever since. I got word that my appearance on A Prairie Home Companion will be broadcast this weekend in Europe, which was just the kick in the butt I needed to finish booking this May Euro-Tour I've been planning.

For whatever reason -- blame centuries of troubadours -- live music is much more meaningful to the Brits. That's not to say people in Louisville don't appreciate it; those of you who do are the reason musicians like me wake up every day, so thank you for that. Unfortunately, most towns in American don't have enough folks who go out to hear live music. And most folks in America don't want to pay for music. And so I tour in Britain as often as possible.

I've got several shows over there confirmed now, which is a great feeling because it means I'm actually going. Now the fun part begins of finding shows on random Tuesday nights that are on the way from Bath to Cambridge that pay well enough to fund the trip. (Speaking of: Neil, how does Sunday May 23 or Tuesday May 25 look for Cirencester?) I posted a lot of video blogs from the UK tour in 2008, and I'm looking forward to doing a lot more this time. I might even figure out how to stream live from our concerts over there.

Anyway, it's nice to feel motivated again. Now, to finish a record, confirm this tour, play a few more Louisville shows, and do all the press releases to the UK.

I'm heading back to play a gig in The Bahamas this weekend though. I hope they have WiFi on the beach. I've got some planning to do.

1 comments

  1. I need to figure out how I can pitch and sell an article about you so I can "research" and "interview" you on one of your gig destinations ...

    ReplyDelete