Do princesses have dental insurance?

Vintage guitars, tattoos, and motorcycles can all be hot, but at some point your life, the biggest turn-on becomes dental insurance. I've never had dental insurance (though I do have 2 vintage guitars), but somehow I always make it a priority to go to the dentist twice a year for a check-up. Odd ... I haven't been to my general physician for a wellness check-up in five years. But the dentist? Every six months.

I went this morning for my checkup and cleaning. They all looked good, even my new half-a-tooth that was restored after the blender-to-the-face incident. I got my shiny new toothbrush and went on my way.

I've never been afraid of the dentist, and I don't really understand people who are. I like to think of it like getting a massage, except for your teeth. When you think about it, it seems completely luxurious -- like royalty -- to have someone else clean and floss your teeth for you. It would be like having a lady-in-waiting button my dress or fan me during the dreadful summertime castle heat. So going to the dentist kind of makes me feel like a princess. Except princesses probably don't have to pay for their dental work. And really, I guess I'd rather have a massage.

0 comments