Best present ever.

A lot of people ask me, "How do you find the time to keep that blog of yours?" Well, they have a good point. I have been stupid-busy lately, and I've been a bad, bad, bad blogger. I'm sorry. I'm determined to get back on track, focus, and keep a routine.

I generally dislike routine. In fact, if I saw a Facebook page called "routine," and there was that elusive "dislike" button, then I would click on that. That's how passionate I am about disliking it. But I can understand how it makes like a bit easier.

In related news, I got a DISHWASHER!!! This is possible the best present ever. After returning from a month in Europe, I wandered back into my house, expecting the messy nonsense and disarray in which I left it, and there, shining and, I swear, with a choir of angels singing around it, was a shiny new dishwasher. Well, technically, it's slightly used, but it's definitely shiny, and it works magic, I tell you, magic.

Even though, I suppose it's technically a vacuum-cleaner present (you know, like how you're not supposed to get things like vacuums or blenders for your birthday), I just about cried when I saw it. I did my first load last week, and I was so amazed by how sparkling the forks were that I decided to wash all of the silverware immediately.

I am so excited about all the free time I'll have now that I don't have to stand at the sink and grumble and scrub, thinking about all the more amazing things I could be doing rather than dishes. Maybe I'll actually have time to keep up this blog.

1 comments

  1. A dishwasher really is the best present ever! Close runners up include food processors and stand mixers. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete