Catching up, new albums, funny stories.

I feel like we have some catching up to do. For starters, the watermelon I picked wasn't ripe. It had turned a light pink, and it smelled glorious. Much of it, however, was still a pale green. That didn't stop me from devouring about 1/4 of it, and I wasn't all that surprised when it tasted every bit as delicious as a store-bought melon. Fact: unripe homegrown melons taste like "ripe" store-bought ones. Lesson: grow your own, and it's okay if you're impatient.

What else? I'm going crazy wanting to make a new record. It's not for lack of songs, as I've got several albums-worth already written. I've also had a few label offers, but my gut tells me to hold off and not sign anything just yet. They've all got good parts and bad parts, like any business deal, I suppose. My hesitation is that I don't want to end up still having to do all the promotion/booking work myself, as I have in the past, and then end up having to write checks to someone else. Stupid music industry.

But I've got some good shows coming up this fall, and it would be a shame not to have something new to promote.

Philadelphia, I'm coming to you in December. It would be nice to have some shows along the way ... maybe DC/Baltimore? Huntington, WV? Anyone out there have any ideas?

Anyway, just checking in, reminding you that I am indeed still an active singer-songwriter in addition to being a blogger (by the way, since everyone else is pandering for votes, I might as well link y'all up to the LEO Readers' Choice Awards http://leoweekly.com/readers-choice/ in case you feel like voting for me or anyone else), and that I should be recording and touring. Both of those things are on the horizon.

As for the rest of the weeks, I've got a hilarious story about FWT's high school reunion, other antics of our trip to Lubbock (on which my dad decided to join us), and a few other rants and raves.

1 comments

  1. Yay for us in Philly! Let me know the date so I can make sure to be there.

    ReplyDelete