Migraines, Oscars, and Topanga Lawrence.

Back when the UK v U of L game was before Christmas, I had a brilliant plan of going to the mall during the game. It was the best time to shop because the malls were empty. It's also a perfect time to go to the grocery store for the same reason. Last night, I got it in my head that it would be similarly genius to go to the movies during the Oscars. Logical, right?

It didn't work out so well, mostly because I've had a headache for over a week now (as has everyone else in the Ohio River Valley, it seems, according to Facebook statuses). I just wasn't interested in the Oscars this year. It was more fun back when I was in college and my film school major friends had severe opinions about the "films." (Don't ever call a film a "movie" around a film major.)

Since I was in bed by 6:30 yesterday, I tried my best to participate in the pop culture phenomenon that is the Oscars. Hopped up on migraine meds and ibuprofen doesn't make the awards show any easier to watch, however, so I ended up watching a few episodes of "Boy Meets World" on DVD. (Beware of what you put in your Netflix cue while drinking -- they eventually send it to you.)

A few notes:

1) Of the acceptance speeches I DID see, Randy Newman's was the only one worth watching.
2) I had never heard of James Franco.
3) I used to like Anne Hathaway.
4) I can't tell the difference between Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, and Hilary Swank.
5) What ever happened to Topanga?

Okay, that's enough. My head hurts, and I've got a lunchtime gig in about an hour. Game face: ON!

0 comments