Spring UK Tour Announced!


When people used to ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I never had a real answer. I knew I wanted a job that would allow me to travel, write, visit castles, meet interesting people, and learn interesting facts. Somehow I stumbled upon just that in this whole musician thing.

Which brings me to my next tour ... back to the United Kingdom, mostly Scotland this time. Apologies to my friends in England, but I was only able to make one show fit into the schedule this tour. Special apologies to Cirencester and Crumlin, two of my favorites stops! Maybe help me book something in October?

Here's the tour schedule, for my friends overseas (and my U.S. friends who need an excuse to travel):

Fri 5/20 Bolton, England (Manchester) - The Railway Venue
Sat 5/21 Bute, Scotland - TBA
Sun 5/22 Glendaruel - Glendaruel Village Hall
Mon 5/23 Portree, Skye - The Isles Inn
Th 5/26 Inveraray - The George Hotel
Fri 5/27 Fort William - Ben Nevis Inn
Sat 5/28 Craignure, Mull - Craignure Inn
Sun 5/29 Oban - O'Donnell's Irish Pub
Tue 5/31 Glasgow - TBA
Wed 6/1 Edinburgh - House Concert TBA
Thu 6/2 Kirkcaldy - Acoustic Music Club

Check back to : http://www.brigidkaelin.com/Site/Tour.html as more details come.

I wasn't able to make it to Islay this time around (pictured above ... read "Laphroaig" on a distant building), and I'm bummed about that. But I'm stoked to explore the Hebrides further, with shows on both Mull, Skye, and Bute. As my friend Martin explained many blogs ago, Hebrides Isles (pronounced HEB-ri-deez) actually means "Brigid's Islands" ... which you Gaelic speakers (Hi, Lyzz) can see in the "brid" in "Hebrides." "Brid" is the gaelic spelling of Brigid, which I only know because my college roommate (Hi, Lyzz) took Gaelic one semester and constantly called me "Breed."

Anyway, I feel a bit of a connection to the Hebrides, so I'm looking forward to collecting as many islands as possible. After this tour, my total will be four.

I hope to bring you lots of blogs and videos from the tour. Any ideas (or other outlets for my writings!) are welcome of course.

1 comments

  1. Oh Bhríd, don't even get me started...(seriously jealous here...)

    ReplyDelete