Blogging on the Wedding Day Seems a Bit Wrong, Right?

I am getting married today to the most wonderful person in the world. Funny that I'm blogging, right? I've been up since sunrise, have had two wonderful meals at great Louisville restaurants, a great hand massage and hair styling at Joseph's, and am now at a friend's house while my bridesmaids are flitting about getting pretty. No one will let me lift a finger, carry a thing, open a door, or answer a phone call. It's both wonderful and annoying at the same time.

It's more wonderful than annoying, of course, as any one event -- say a tablecloth crisis -- could send me into a fit of tears. Isn't it funny how the thing that sends you over the edge isn't usually the thing that actually matters to you? It's just that proverbial straw on the camel's back. My friends are doing an amazing job of keeping my back straw-free today.

Still, I needed a minute of alone time. No one is getting on my nerves or anything, but I just realize that starting in about an hour, it's going to be go-go-go-go-go. I have a grand piano at my disposal right now, but it's writing that is calming me.

And that's why I'm blogging on my wedding day.

A few folks to thank: Masterson's Catering, especially Sueanna Masterson, who has made the food so easy, and who worked with us calmly and willingly (and never laughed at us).
Adrienne & Co for doing the same. See other blog for that story!
Nervous Melvin & the Mistakes for being the best party band in town. (And to answer the most popular question: what band? what band? what band? Go with the band that EVERYONE WILL LIKE!)
Ann Rowan James Designs ... you need a florist? Call her. She made our bouquets from locally-grown organic flowers ... that she picked right out of my garden. And she didn't laugh at me for making that request.

Of course, our families and friends have been amazing, and I don't want to go naming them in my public blog. The rehearsal dinner looked like it was professionally catered by the best company in down, but David's family did it all themselves. Unbelievable.

Anyway ... off to spend the rest of the evening with my family and my new family. Thanks to all the support, comments, and love.

My plan is to take next week off from blogging -- honeymoon and all -- and try to actually be on vacation. Of course, that was my plan for today, and it turns out that this blog saves my sanity a bit. Thankfully, so does FWT, so I might not need the blog after all.

And, actually, that grand piano is calling my name right now.

Much love,
Brigid

1 comments

  1. Thought at Lest one comment ... Melvin were a Mistake.

    ReplyDelete