Arts and Crafts Day at School.

I thought David was getting an MBA, but apparently they had arts & crafts day yesterday in class. It was some sort of competition that involved teams making greeting cards, which seems more like kindergarten to me, but what do I know? Anyway, David's team had a clear advantage because he is the only man I know who can make a 5-point bow and wrap a Christmas present better than Macy's ... with his eyes closed. I prefer gift bags.

I think somehow a rumor spread through the class that he is the heir to a greeting card company, a rumor which is most certainly my fault. I may or may not have said those exact words, but you know how the grapevine is, right? What I meant is that David's mom is the Queen of the Texas Scrapbookers (I made that title up completely), and she makes the world's best cards and scrapbooks. She even has her own embosser that goes on the back and says "Caldwell Card Company." David may have learned a little something from her about making greeting cards.

Of course, his team did not take advantage of his penmanship and innate skillz because David, weirdo that he is, actually likes being the accountant and trader.

Now that I think of it, perhaps he should take his accountant and trading skillz back to Texas and turn the Caldwell Card Company into a Fortune 500 company (that's a good thing, right? buzzwords!) and then he would indeed
be an heir to a greeting card fortune. I'm still waiting for him to tell me about that secret West Texas Oil Money. He swears there isn't any, but I saw "Dallas."

Here's a picture of his University at night. Doesn't that just look like what college should look like?

0 comments