Leith Folk Club, Wizz Jones, Adam Holmes, and Me too.

The Eaglescliffe show was super-fun, but I got a good shock when some Blog readers showed up -- as in people who know my blog, but don't know my music. Have I done my music career a disservice with all this prose-nonsense? Is it time for a career change? Or just time for a new album? (And how would I sell said album when the haven for all Louisville music has closed its doors forever? So sad!)

But I digress...

Live music still exists! Tonight (Tues Nov 1) I'm playing an opening set at the Leith Folk Club (The Village on South Fort Street, EH6 4DN) at either 7:30 or 8:00 (I've read two different things). I think it's £8, but the main act is Wizz Jones, an English folk/blues legend who has been playing all over for over fifty years, often with some of the greatest.

I got the call to open this show late last week, so I'm unfortunately pulling double-duty tonight. I'd already promised Adam Holmes that I'd play accordion, guitar, and sing with him tonight at Acoustic Edinburgh (Medina in the basement of Negociants 45-47 Lothian St. - Free). Adam is headlining this show -- he isn't playing until 10 I think, -- so I am going to stick around to hear as much as Wizz as I can.

It's pretty bad form to open a show, then leave before the main act finishes, and I'm feeling uneasy contrition it already, especially because I really would love to hear Mr. Jones. There's some relief in having forewarned the LFC that I'd have to scoot across town to play with Adam (who is a fabulous Edinburgh singer-songwriter I've been working with), but still, it doesn't feel right. But then again, canceling a gig is just not a possibility, and Adam's show will be big fun.

So I've a busy day ahead: rushing from rehearsal, to a solo set in Leith, to a sideman gig in City Centre. Maybe I'll see some of you along the way? I'll let you carry my accordion.

Here's a picture of me playing with Zombie Lovesick Cowboys in Eaglescliffe on Sunday:

0 comments