Bread, cheese, wine, repeat....

I never thought I'd say this, but here goes: I grow weary of cheese. And wine. And croissants. And pizza.

Don't pity me, as I am aware this is a quintessential #whitewhine. I'm just not sure I am gastronomically equipped do deal with this amount of lactose. My belt notches are definitely not so furnished, despite having averaged eight miles a day of walking.

We go back to Scotland on Wednesday. Leaving the warm weather and cheap wine is not particularly enticing, but I tell you I've never been more excited to eat lentil soup. Also, I love wine, but I'm pretty sure my genes prefer whisk[e]y. I never grow weary of bourbon or single malts.

In the mean time, I am doing my best to eat as much cheese and bread as possible. But today we are eager to find a Chinese restaurant. Our stomachs have forgotten what a vegetable is.

Christmas dinner in Rome:

Lunch in Venice:

Another lunch in Venice:

Breakfast in Venice:

Breakfast in Florence:

Snack in Florence:

2 comments

  1. a vegan who forgets what a vegetable is. That's funny.

    You are not a rat.....you can not live on bread and cheese...clementines, maybe.

    Go get some brussel sprouts and hope this holiday was FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! The curry takeaway we had when we returned to Edinburgh was possibly the best meal ever ... haven't had dairy in two days and feeling better by the minute:)

    ReplyDelete