The Euro drops and it actually helps me!

The first time I traveled extensively abroad was September 2008. I remember sitting in the Louisville airport watching the breaking news of the financial crisis. The dollar plummeted, and England was ridiculously expensive. Then, of course, the day I returned home, and it was time to change my money back into dollars, what do you think happened? The pound plummeted.

I do not have good luck with exchange rates. When I'm earning pounds, the dollar always seems to be strong. And when I'm vacationing, the dollar is weak. Back home I always seem to run into British tourists who could ostensibly buy my city with their spare change. No matter how much Americans like to think the dollar is the all-powerful and strong currency, it most definitely is not.

Today, however, I believe my luck has changed. I come to you from the Amsterdam airport, where I'm watching CNN. Today's newsflash? The Euro has dropped significantly. And according to his MBA-mind, the country won't have time to adjust for inflation until after our holiday.

I'm pretty sure that means an extra bowl of noodles a day. Also, it means that Mercury is finally out of retrograde.

Off to Italy for the holidays. Again, if anyone knows the Pope, let me know. We always prefer meeting up with a local when we travel. We'll also be in Florence and Venice, should you have a long lost relative we need to hang out with.

Like this blog? Click here to follow The Red Accordion Diaries on bloglovin for an easier way to stay updated on posts.

1 comments

  1. have a great time-hope the pope is hospitable-the old one was definitely entertaining.
    let me know when you are back so you can tell me how it was for you!

    ReplyDelete