UK Tour Dates in March, plus Glasgow tonight.

I'm playing a show tonight ... in Glasgow. (That's Scotland, not Kentucky.) It's at the Captain's Rest, opening for Adam Holmes. I play a solo set shortly after the show begins, around 8:00. I'm also really crossing my fingers that we aren't out partying all night in Glasgow. That tends to be what happens in that crazy city -- even with musicians who drink tea during practice:)

By the way, the "show" I'm playing is because I'm a musician. Did you know that? I was up last night thinking about how I've sold a couple thousand copies of each of my albums -- a feat I'm very happy with -- but that from my site statistics, I can tell that a lot more people read my blog than own my albums. Maybe I'm in the wrong career and should write a book instead of making a new record. I have no complaints at all; I've just been doing lots of thinking lately.

But because I love performing music, I'm heading out on the road next week with a lovely English songwriter, Kirsty McGee. Kirsty is currently hard at work on a new album and has a PledgeMusic campaign to pay for it, if you'd care to pre-order the new project. If you'd like to hear her live first, come see us at one of the many shows we're playing.

Also, if you're driving a long distance to hear me (Aneil!), you should know that, while I'll definitely be performing some of my tunes, Kirsty is headlining these shows. Some of the gigs may have different formats, so shoot me an email (brigidkaelin at yahoo dot com) if you'd like details about a particular one, and I'll try to find out more info for you.

Here's our schedule so far:
UK Tour with Kirsty McGee (Brigid is the support slot, not headliner):
Friday, March 2: Bangor, North Wales. Blue Sky Cafe. 6:30pm.
Saturday, March 3: Walesby, UK. Candlelight Sessions at the Red Lion.
Sunday, March 4: Norwich, England. The Bicycle Shop.
Monday, March 5: London, England. House Concert.  TBC.
Thursday, March 8: Bath, England. Chapel Arts Centre.
Friday, March 9: St. Austell, England. Eden Cafe.
Saturday, March 10: Penryn, Cornwall, England. Miss Peapods Cafe.
Monday, March 12: Glastonbury, England. The Hawthorns.
Wednesday, March 14: Barnstaple, England. The Queen's Theatre Gallery.
Friday, March 16: Kingswinford, England. Woodman Folk Club.
Sunday, March 18: Rydal, NW, England. Nab Cottage.
Tuesday, March 20: Edinburgh, Scotland. Leith Folk Club.
Thursday, March 22: Kirkcaldy, Scotland. Acoustic Music Club, the Polish Club.
Friday, March 23: Burn O'Bennie, Scotland (Aberdeenshire). Woodend Barn Arts Centre.
Saturday, March 24: Gartly, Scotland (Aberdeenshire). The Tin Hut.

0 comments