Day drinking -- a thing of the past.

You know what I miss? Day drinking. I've known plenty of pregnant women who tell me they didn't miss alcohol at all during their pregnancy. "I just didn't even want it!" they laugh, nonchalantly, after also telling me how they ran five miles a day until their seventh month. Well, I walked on average 5-10 miles a day until about a week after conception, and I've pretty much been in bed ever since.

Except for that month-long tour and that transatlantic flight, I suppose.

Wandering around the city in gorgeous weather with David has been blissful torture. I would smile at my blessed life and cringe as every little molecule in my body screamed, "Have a margarita!"

What's even more amazing is how David also resisted it. I know that things aren't better with alcohol, but a margarita on a summer day is kind of perfect. This kid better be better than a margarita.
Texas Martini from Chuy's Louisville
Virgin Daiquiri. It's okay. If you like that sort of thing.

0 comments