Bedtime and Townes.

Hello, 2013! Last year on New Year's Eve, I was high atop Calton Hill watching fireworks over Edinburgh Castle. This year I was asleep by 8:30.

We had a rough night on December 30, having spent the day on two airplanes and in three time zones. The wee boy's a good traveler, but he doesn't care for a change in bedtime routine.

Anyway, it's January 1, and we are finally back in Louisville for what I hope is an extended length of time. I'm tired of living out of a suitcase, and I can't wait to book a few gigs.

In the mean time, I'm singing a song at ye old Townes Van Zandt Tribute tonight. I'm stoked to have nothing to do with the planning this year, and all I have to do is show up and sing a song. Do you know how much work it was to wrangle 30+ artists and put a show like this together? I love Townes, but I'm so glad someone else has taken over coordinating it.

Anyway, I'm on the Ballroom stage at 8:12 pm. Finished by 8:15pm.

Maybe I'll be asleep by 8:30 again!

0 comments