A change in the weather and so much music.

Last weekend was a perfect autumn weekend in Louisville, despite protests from everyone's sinuses. I played three gigs in twenty-four hours. I taught a songwriting workshop to some really smart people. I walked a few miles down the middle of Bardstown Road. I saw a bajillion people I haven't seen in ages. It was wonderful and completely exhausting.

But the music part was energizing. So much so that I said yes to playing in someone else's band (a gig that requires my least favorite thing: rehearsals!). And I made a call to someone about signing a record label contract I was first offered about five years ago to see if the offer still stands. I really want to record a few new albums, so I can move on to other songs.

Feeling inspired.

Here's a video of the wee boy stealing some buskers' tips.


0 comments