Craft stuff I will never do, and every day is costume day.

I know I need to get out of the house more when I start to care about things like throw pillows and candlesticks. When I'm home all day long, however, things start to get all out of whack in my head -- perspective, priorities, pinterest. I haven't even browsed plane ticket prices to Europe in, like, a week. It's time to get out of the house.

I'm also getting pretty excited about Halloween. I normally don't care about the holiday, as I think people should be able to wear Batman costumes any old day of the year (and not be deemed weirdos). But I've got a baby now, so Halloween is, like, the best holiday there is. I won't be doing any of these creepy Pinterest things because in my head I know -- I must repeat -- they are not important. But I am going to get my kid a costume, and he's going to wear it as often as possible.



In fact, I'm thinking the rest of the month will be costume day at Mama's Hip for Baby/Toddler/Parent Music class I teach on Tuesday mornings. I teach that class because it's super fun, but mostly because I need a good reason to leave the house. Otherwise I'd be at home tortured by the fact that I am not making ghosts out of bananas and jackolanterns out of clementines.

If you would rather sing silly songs than make deviled eggs look like pumpkins, come join me and the wee boy at Mama's Hip on Tuesday at 10:30. I think I'll put him in costume tomorrow. Just because. ($10/family)

0 comments