A lovely surprise from the best partner ever.

Yesterday morning  I was sobbing because I didn't think I was going to be able to record an EP before I head back to Scotland in a few weeks. All kinds of circumstances have been preventing it -- illness, travel, schedules that just don't match. Mostly, on my end, it's because I've been on constant baby-watch because of David's insane work schedule.

This morning I'm optimistic, and it's all because David surprised me with an amazing gift. He's still stuck at work at all hours of the day and night, but he called a few friends and arranged for various people to come over and watch the wee boy for a couple of hours each evening this week in the hopes that I can at least attempt to record some music.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it work, but his attempt (after I sobbed on his shoulder telling him there was absolutely nothing he could do to make it better and why did I even think I could still play music after having a child and my career is stupid and not really a career and oh I'm such a miserable person to be around I'm so sorry, etc, etc) is so sweet and kind and thoughtful that I'm going to try.

Also, I saw this today, a nice article called 10 Ways to Love Someone with Depression. I'm on the upswing these days, particularly when the sun shines, but I've been a wicked mess since dealing with the postpartum funk. I don't know how David knew all of these things already, but I'm guessing it's because he's probably the most well-adjusted person in the world.

0 comments