Back in the States.

A little screen time and lot of pretzels on the nine-hour flight.
We pulled up to our Louisville house yesterday, the wee boy wide awake in the backseat after being a rock star on the: 4-hour train ride, 9 hour flight, 2 hour layover, and final 1 hour flight. He casually looked out the window, pointed, and said, "Home."

Yes, my boy, we are home.

I'm still not sure how I feel about being here. On the one hand, I can't wait to get together with my friends here. Then again I felt the same way when I touched down in the United Kingdom last month. I wish Edinburgh were located in, say, Edinburgh, Indiana -- a quick road trip away -- rather than an ocean away. Or truthfully, I wish Louisville could be where Glasgow (Scotland) is, so I could just hop on a train to visit my pals.

I'm tired today, but not really any more tired than usual, considering the wee boy's sleep habits. I must say that, even though we had a few rough nights on our travels, he was absolutely great with all the time changes (there were four) and different sleep arrangements (six or seven). He managed to go to bed fine last night, waking for the day at 6:33am. That's early, but it's no earlier than usual for him.

He may not be a good sleeper, but he's a fantastic traveler. Sure, he said, "Home," yesterday with some relief. But this morning when I asked, "Are you ready to go on an adventure," he just grinned and made for the front door.

I think I'll keep him.

0 comments