Baby Showers are out of control these days.

I am throwing a baby shower for a friend, and apparently, I have no idea how to do it. In my history of throwing parties (and I do think I throw a pretty good party), my priorities have always been:
  1. music and 
  2. the bar. 
Even at my wedding, that's what I spent my budget and energy on.

Well, thank goodness I've got a co-host on this baby shower because did you know that baby showers are supposed to not only have themes (what?? I thought BABY was the theme??), but colors? And decorations that follow said theme and colors? Like, you spend as much on decorations as you do on the food? And this baby shower's colors are the same as the mom-to-be's colors because moms-to-be, also, apparently are supposed to have colors. And party favors? Seriously?!

I mean no mocking of my dear friends here. They are great, and I love them, but man oh man, am I glad my kiddo was born in Scotland because he didn't even have a room, much less colors, much less a theme. Poor boy!

In all seriousness though, I have been to many a baby shower in the past, and I can't remember any of them having themes. Or cakes. I remember some cupcakes sometimes. And lots of cake pops. But I don't remember any decorations. Then again, I never remember anyone's wedding decorations either. I just remember whether there was a live band and an open bar. We each have our own priorities, I suppose...  off to Pinterest to find out how to make monsters out of old shoelaces. Anything for a friend:)

1 comments