Gardens, picking weeds and picking tunes.

It's Derby in Louisville! This means it's the one week of the year that the azaleas look good. I have neglected my garden for a few years. If you've followed this blog, you know that for the past ten years I've grown a lot of crazy things in my front yard -- from tomato plants to tobacco (the flowers are gorgeous!). Last year, inspired by a manicured patio in Scotland, we transformed part of our front yard into a sitting area, which left room only for mint and roses.

Our raised bed is empty and ready for plants though. Having gardened now for many years, I think I've figured out what to plant. Or rather, I've figured out that you shouldn't plant things you don't actually like to eat. Otherwise, you're going to be looking at a lot of pretty okra flowers that take up valuable tomato room.

I'm thinking it's time to build a second raised bed because I'm ready to devote an entire one to tomatoes and basil. If I can get the Creeping Jenny out of there without destroying my fingers...

Enough babbling for today. I keep thinking I need to write a brilliant blog, but really I just need to write.

In music news, I've been a guitar-playing-fool lately, so much that my fingers hurt all over again. Progress feels good, even though it's probably not the best use of my time. I'd like to be recording, but I need other people to do that (yes, even though I have Garageband on my laptop). And so I'm seeing just how fast I can pick "The Eighth of January" (204 at the moment -- check back next week #metronome).

Come watch me pick some tunes tomorrow at the Indiana Fiber Fest at 1:00. April 25 and 26, 2015   Tri-County Shrine Club 701 Potters Ln.  Clarksville, IN
Free admission - Free parking

0 comments