Because I want to have written a blog, but I'm too swamped to actually write anything, I present to you a funny thing that I copied from the Facebook status of a friend. The Wee Boy is hilarious and fun and charming and such good company.
WITHOUT ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down EXACTLY what they say. It is a great way to find out what they really think. When you re-post put your Child's age.
The Wee Boy, 2.5years old
1. What is something mom always says to you?
I don't know, Mommy. Why?
2. What makes mom happy?
Scratching your back. But I didn't scratch your back when you woke up, so you were not happy. But now I scratched your back, Mommy. And you're happy. Awwwwww, you're happy now. I made you happy.
3. What makes mom sad?
I don't know, Mommy. Babies crying? That makes you sad, mommy. When babies cry, that makes you sad.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Ha ha ha ha, like that!
5. What was your mom like as a child?
I don't know. A baby? You were a baby.
6. How old is your mom?
I don't know. How old are you?
7. How tall is your mom?
This tall (raises arms).
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
I don't know.
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
She pretends to be a starfish.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
I don't know.
11. What is your mom really good at?
12. What is your mom not very good at?
You're not good at playing cars. Play cars with me right now.
13. What does your mom do for a job?
Mommy, I want to hide from you. Count to ten and then say, "Ready or not, here I come."
14.What is your mom's favorite food?
Please stop asking me these questions.
15.What makes you proud of your mom?
Can you find me now? I'm hiding.
16. If your mom were a character, who would she be?
Mommy, go to the sunroom and say, 1, 2, 3, and then say, "Ready or not here I come. All right mommy? Mommy, do that. Mommy go in the sunroom and count right now.
17. What do you and your mom do together?
We sing. We don't cook. Sometimes we cook.
18. How are you and your mom the same? We both have blue eyes.
19. How are you and your mom different?
Mommy, I'm going to hide from you again. Can you cover me with the pillow? The pillow that you're sitting on? Can you move and cover me with that pillow?
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Mommy, I said I don't know.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
Mommy, I'm finished with this game.
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
I don't know. Maybe the movies.
23. How old was your Mom when you were born?
No more questions, please. No means no.