Baby is here!

It's another wee boy!

This may be a complete shock to you, but I had a baby last week. Yes, I didn't even announce the pregnancy until, um, twelve days before he was born. Sorry about that. I've got some work/life/social-media balance issues still to sort out.

He's here, and he's wonderful. His big brother (the less wee of the two Wee Boys) keeps petting him and saying, "Oh, I just love him so much." We still call the baby 'Pretzel' because that's what Graham wanted to name him in utero. And though we did not flee to Scotland to birth the baby (believe me, we looked into travel medical visas, so I could birth the way I wanted), we did give him a most Scottish name: Angus!



I'll write out the birth story eventually for y'all who like that sort of thing. I have all kinds of commentary on the American maternity care system, having had one baby in America and one baby in Europe.

For now, let me just say that one huge bonus of having a baby in my hometown has been the amazing showering of love and meals from friends and family. While I loved having Graham in Scotland because it allowed us to be insulated and honeymoon with the baby without a constant stream of visitors, I am equally loving being in Louisville this time, where we have been loved daily with visitors and deliveries. I guess I don't actually know what I want, but it's been pretty great. As my husband said: full hearts, full fridge. Thanks for the love, friends. It's been a grand week!

Also, if I haven't responded to your texts or voicemails, sorry. I have 34 unread voicemails and at least as many texts. Trying to babymoon prooperly:)

***

In music news: baby coming early is perfect timing for the Jason Wilber (John Prine's guitarist, who just played two nights at the Ryman in Nashville last week) house concert I'm co-hosting on Friday. 

Graham went to his first concert (the Leith Folk Club in Edinburgh!) at 10 days old, so wee Angus will be following the family tradition. If you'd like to attend, shoot me an email or a Facebook message and I'll get you the information. Space is limited because it's an intimate venue, so RSVPs are required. There are still a few spots left. I will see you there!

9 comments

  1. Magic news. What a short pregnancy I had with you this time! Well done.fi,bb&CMB xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So short! I ignored it as long as I could:)
      I sure did miss those amazing overalls though ha ha!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, hugs, and kisses to everyone in the K-C family. Know that Grandma and Grand Dude are over the moon about this new addition. Graham will be a wonderful big brother to the new wee lad, and you two will be the best parents he could have. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending more love to the four of you. Wish I could give you all a hug! Hope you can include the Hill Country in your next trip to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending more love to the four of you. Wish I could give you all a hug! Hope you can include the Hill Country in your next trip to Texas.

    ReplyDelete